Have You Been INJURED In The Last 3 Years By a MEDICAL / DENTAL / COSMETIC PROCEDURE?
You May Have a CLINICAL NEGLIGENCE CLAIM & entitled to COMPENSATION!
What is Clinical Negligence?
Most medical and nursing treatment in the UK is of a high technical standard and most heath service staff are dedicated professionals working to tight deadlines and budgets to deliver care. Sometimes everything does not always go well and mistakes happen .
Medical Professionals owe their patients a “Duty of care”.
Patients are entitled to expect a reasonable standard of care. If this is not met by your doctor and other health professionals under whose care you are then they may have fallen below the standards expected of them and breached their duty of care.
Clinical negligence is the term we use to describe cases where this duty of care is breached.
Does “Clinical Negligence” refer to one type of Doctor only ?
No!... Clinical Negligence can be claimed against any Health Professionals, i.e:
- All Hospital Doctors
- Plastic Surgeons
- Nursing Homes
How do I know if I’ve suffered from Clinical Negligence ?
There are many forms of Clinical Negligence and you may have to ask yourself a few questions:
Did you understand your treatment and its risks?
Doctors are responsible for making sure that you properly understand all the risks that may be involved in your treatment, including any surgery.
If you didn’t understand the risks then you couldn’t have given INFORMED CONSENT.
If you are not given all the appropriate information you may have a claim for clinical negligence if the procedure is unsuccessful and you suffer pain.
Have you or your family suffered injury or death because of the following?
- Wrong Surgical Procedure
- Surgical errors that cause unnecessary pain or scarring
- Incorrect or Inappropriate Treatment
- Badly performed Surgery
- Sub standard medical care
- Wrong or Delayed Diagnosis – making your condition worse or chances of recovery reduced
- Misdiagnosis or delay in diagnosis which leads to complications or a deterioration of the patient’s condition
- Medication Errors – Bad reaction to a drug, over prescription or under prescription?
- Neglect, or a lack of treatment which leads to a deterioration of the patients’s condition
- Complications or side effects caused by medication errors (including anaesthetic)
- Injuries to a mother or child during childbirth (birth injury claims).
- Cerebral Palsy due to negligent childbirth
- Erbs palsy
- The Failure of a Medical Device or Product
- Swallowed instruments in dental treatment
- Pressure Sores while being hospitalised
- Surgical Implants
- Laser eye Surgery
- Laser Hair removal
- Cancer Misdiagnosis
- Undiagnosed Fractures
- Anaesthetic awareness - awake during an operation
- Failed sterilisation
- Undiagnosed illness *
- Abuse or neglect of the elderly
- Failure of GP to refer
- Joint replacement Surgery
*see below for other types of injuries
Health Professionals have to meet a certain standard of care and if you feel you or your family have suffered from any of the above, then you may have a claim for Clinical Negligence.
Did you feel like your treatment was handled poorly?
If your treatment was handled poorly it may have resulted in your symptoms or condition to have worsened and the responsibility of your care lies with your doctor, dentist or clinician.
Have you already made a complaint to your doctor or dentist?
If your treatment is NHS or Private, there should be a complaints procedure to follow and this should be freely provided to patients if requested. The complaints procedure should be explained to you and your complaint should be handled in a timely fashion. We can advise you in the NHS or Private Healthcare Complaints procedure and when necessary start a claim for compensation.
When can I make a claim ?
The three year rule for certain medical negligence compensation claims can start from the 'date of knowledge'. This means from when you first became aware that you can make a claim i.e. when you first became aware that negligence had caused your injury or when you first realised you could make a claim.
What Can The Sethi Partnership Solicitors Do?
- We have a specialist department handling both the straight forward to the more complex clinical negligence claims.
- We have access to specialist clinical negligence solicitors.
- We can assist with minor injury clinical negligence claims through to serious and fatal injury clinical negligence claims.
- We will assist by taking the information about the clinical negligence claim over the telephone, or ask you to come in and see us in person in our specialist department.
- The clinical negligence solicitor will have you examined by an independent medical expert and a report will be compiled about your injury.
- If your injury is still present at this stage the independent expert may recommend private medical treatment or a future care plan. Providing the liability has been admitted by the third party, your medical negligence compensation solicitor can negotiate the cost of any current and future treatment to be paid by the other side.
- The clinical negligence solicitor will then explain how we can fund your claim in a NO WIN NO FEE circumstance as well as alternative methods of funding.
- Should your clinical negligence claim be unsuccessful, then we will not charge you. ('no win no fee')
- Our clinical negligence solicitors aim to settle your medical negligence claim efficiently and with maximum injury compensation.
- Our clinical negligence solicitors will not just advise you on making a clinical negligence claim, but will support you throughout.
- Where clinical negligence has not been confirmed, we can arrange an opinion from an independent medical expert before you decide to make a claim.
- If liability is admitted and the client requires physiotherapy or private medical treatment or remedial treatment after an accident or clinical negligence this can be arranged at no cost to you.
Why should I Choose The Sethi Partnership Solicitors over other Personal Injury or Medical Negligence Firms ?
We are a team of solicitors with over 100 years of collective experience in litigious matters and we have won claims against ……
- NHS trusts and Health Authorities
- Private hospitals,
- Private Practices
- Healthcare providers
- Nursing homes
- General Practitioners
- Drug Companies
- Medical Product Manufacturers and Suppliers
THE SETHI PARTNERSHIP SOLICITORS consider ourselves to be in partnership with our clients. We will NEVER SELL YOUR CLAIM! We are not a personal injury claims factory who refer to other solicitors. WE ARE A TEAM OF SOLICITORS who will insist to meet your needs from start to finish. If you make an appointment you can meet our Clinical Negligence Solicitors in person and be confident on who will be handling your case.
We will make sure that you will receive the COMPENSATION THAT YOU DESERVE!
We cover all aspects of medical treatment and medical negligence, so if you would like to discuss your case further, call our clinical negligence solicitors today!
SPEAK TO YOUR EXPERT CLINICAL NEGLIGENCE SOLICITOR TODAY
e-mail:Peter@sethi.co.uk or Ranjeev@sethi.co.uk
or Telephone:Peter Greenwood or Ranjeev Saluja on: 020 8866 6464